Sunday, February 10, 2013

Texas Size Math and Literacy Center Fun!

I am sooo excited!  The 2 sweet teachers who checked out my unit for me had such SWEET things to say!  I took in their suggestions and my first math and literacy unit is now posted on TPT!


It includes 7 math centers and 7 literacy centers!

Math Centers:

* Boot Scootin' Subtraction
* Texas Hour Texas (time to the hour)
* That's a Texas Size Flag ( measuring flags with pinto beans)
* Birdies & Dillos (addition)
* Looong Numbers (Counting and writing those teen numbers)
* Lone Star Ten Frame Fun
* Texas Size Tens and Ones (place value)

Literacy Centers:

* Rounding Up Word Families
* Making Words with Bluebonnet
* Kickin' It With Rhyming Words
* Bluebonnet Blends
* Armadillo Middles (middle vowel sounds)
* Chili Dish Digraphs
* Prickly Words (CVC words)

I also included a pocket chart story and a Texas song with cards to use while singing.  Kind of like BINGO!

Your little buckaroos are sure to shout, "YEE-HAW" while learning all about our great state with these centers!   I hope you will check it out!
Heather

5 comments:

  1. Looks cute...even for a Kansas girl like me!!!
    ~Jane
    rsmiramo@smsd.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for letting me check out this unit! It is AMAZING and I cannot wait to start prepping these centers, even though my Texas unit is still 3 weeks away.

    Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I appreciate you checking it out!! I hope you LOVE it!

      Delete
  3. What a cute idea of a unit. Great materials. Renee

    ReplyDelete